Pest Control Tips & Links
Learn more about pest control in our local Texas area with our library of helpful links and prevention tips.
- Pest World
- Pest World for Kids
- Pollinator Health
- Integrated Pest Management
- Consumer Information Sheet (PDF)
Pest Prevention Tips
Pests in your home are not only a nuisance, but can also severely affect your health and the stability of your home. This is why bug and insect prevention is critical in protecting homes from an infestation.
- Make sure all doors that lead outside are well-sealed. If you can see light around your door, it is not sealed and insects can enter.
- Check for water leaks. Seal gaps around plumbing pipes.
- Check the grout around your tub and toilets.
- Don't leave pet food out at night.
- Repair or replace torn screens.
- Seal around soffits and vents.
- Seal around conduits and pipes where they enter the home.
- Keep your gutters clean and make sure water is diverted away from the foundation.
- Keep roof and gutters clear of leaves and debris.
- Caulk around all windows.
- If you store your garbage outside, make sure the lid fits tightly.
- Keep garage door closed and weather-strip along the base.
- Prune shrubs and trees so they do not touch the home.
- Store firewood away from the house.
- Adjust sprinklers so they do not spray the house nor puddle the foundation.
- Remember that feeding the birds is feeding wildlife and rodents also.
If you’ve tried these tactics, but are still experiencing a pest infestation, call us right away. We’ll evaluate your home or office in Arlington, Mansfield TX, and surrounding areas and get your pest problem under control.